The three most widely-used content management systems are Drupal, Joomla and WordPress. All of them are free and open-source software, developed and maintained by communities of thousands. Each platform is improved to support the new Internet technologies.
– WordPress is the best choice for simple websites.
– Drupal is suitable for complex websites.
– Joomla is something in between Drupal and WordPress.
There are lots of free/paid extensions, modules, plugins and components. A lot of options to meet your needs are available in Joomla and WordPress. In Drupal you have to customize this options for yourself.
- Drupal is a powerful tool for building complex sites. It requires experience to work with the system.
- Joomla is between Drupal and WordPress. Joomla is not suitable for so complex sites like Drupal is, but it is suitable for more complex site development than WordPress.
- WordPress began as easy-to-use blogging platform. It is used for simple websites.
2. Ease of Use:
- Drupal is the most complex to use of the three CMSs. It requires some technical experience and skills.
- Joomla is easy to install and if you once understand its structure and terminology you will be able to build complex websites. It is more complex than WordPress and really less complex than Drupal.
- WordPress is intuitive and easy to use. No previous experience is required.
- Drupal comes with many tools for organize, find and re-use content. Powerful taxonomy automatically create friendly path urls.
- Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications.
- WordPress is very user friendly that makes it easy for end clients to take site management is their hands.
4. Best Use Cases:
- Drupal is suitable for complex sites and online shops.
- Joomla offers structure flexibilty. You can build sites with a lof of content. Joomla support E-commerce.
- WordPress is perfect choice for news sites and blogs.